The Placenta for Postpartum Healing
There are many ways to consume the placenta after birth in order to receive all the potential benefits it has to offer the new mother. Placenta encapsulation provides the most palatable and noninvasive way to consume the placenta since it provides pure placenta in easy to take capsule form.
For thousands of years, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) has revered the placenta as a powerful and invaluable part of the postpartum healing process. After giving birth many new mothers experience blood loss, fatigue, and a drop in their high pregnancy hormones; all of which are thought of as key factors in the development of the “baby blues” and postpartum depression (PPD). Full of Qi, life energy, the placenta aids in postpartum wellness by replenishing your system with natural iron & protein and helps reintroduce these essential hormones back into your system.
The “baby blues” affect the majority of women. It is so common that it is not even considered a disorder.
– Mood Instability
– Lack of concentration
– Feelings of dependency
– Rapid hormonal changes
– Fatigue and sleep deprivation
– Physical and emotional stress of birthing
Today, approximately 80% of women experience some level of postpartum depression/mood disorder. Using the placenta for its medicinal properties during the postpartum period is a natural & healthier way you can help avoid these symptoms and the costly treatments that usually accompany them, such as medications and counseling. Placenta Encapsulation is the easiest and most palatable way to use your placenta.
Is your placenta in your birth plan?
Benefits of Placenta Capsules
The placenta has amazing abilities during the postpartum period; it can heal, sustain, and strengthen.
Traditionally Placenta Capsules are used to help:
– balance your hormones
– enhance milk supply
– increase your energy.
Placenta Capsules may also help:
– You to recover more quickly from birth
– To bring the body back into balance
– Prevent the “baby blues”
– Shorten postpartum bleeding
– Assist the uterus to return to size
– Increase postpartum iron levels
Women who take placenta capsules report fewer emotional issues and enjoy a faster, more pleasant postpartum recovery. Women, and their families, notice a marked improvement in overall feelings of happiness and well-being when taking placenta capsules. My PlacentaMom clients often refer to their placenta capsules as “happy pills!”
The role of the placenta does not stop at birth, so do not let your placenta go to waste…Encapsulate!
The Placenta’s Healing Chemicals
The known ingredients that give the placenta its healing properties are:
- Gonadotrophin – the precursor to estrogen, progesterone and testosterone
- Prolactin – promotes lactation
- Oxytocin – for pain and bonding; produced during breastfeeding to facilitate bonding of mother and infant. In pharmaceutical form this is a very addictive drug because it promotes a feeling of connectedness with others and is often referred to as the “love” hormone
- Interferon – stimulates the immune system to protect against infection
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone – boosts energy and helps recover from stressful events
- Cortisone – combats stress and unlocks stores of energy
- Prostaglandins – anti-inflammatory
- Hemoglobin – replenishes iron deficiency and anemia
- Gammaglobulin – immune booster that helps protect against postpartum infections
- Urokinase Inhibiting Factor & Factor XIII – stops bleeding and enhances wound healing
The placenta is full of feel-good hormones and healing chemicals, so it makes sense to safely welcome them back into your system during your postpartum period via placenta encapsulation in order to have a happy babymoon.